top of page
Image 7-26-23 at 5_edited.jpg

The Building

Built in 1925, the Carriage House was originally part of the NuWray Hotel property, replacing a wooden structure that housed the hotel's horses & carriages. In its nearly 100 years, the building has been home to various and sundry businesses, including the Burnsville Fire Department in the 1930s, a painting school run by Edward Shorter and Frank Stanley Herring in the 1940s, a car garage, an ice cream shop and deli, an art gallery, and a health food store.

The NuWray and Carriage House properties were separated in the 1990s, but with this new era, they have been joined once again. The upstairs of the Carriage House contains newly renovated hotel rooms, rentable through the NuWray Hotel, and the main floor cafe, bakery, and wine/cigar shop will complement the workings of the hotel once its renovation is completed.

bottom of page